artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.
We are seeking a dedicated, reliable, and ambitious direct marketing lead to join our team. You will be part of a group working to double artnet’s client base while continuing to assert the company’s role as the leading brand for art online. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing campaigns that build awareness for our products and brand, and help drive traffic to artnet’s site while generating sales, notably through newsletters, targeted mailing lists, CRM intelligence, and social outreach. Reporting directly to the chief marketing officer, you will be working from our New York office, located in the historic Woolworth Building, as artnet leads the way in the growing art industry.
If you have the right combination of skills and experience, let’s work together to build and implement innovative technologies that will shape the way people experience visual culture today.
- Create and implement artnet’s direct marketing initiatives that reach millions of readers, including newsletters, targeted mailing campaigns, online advertising, social media postings, and promotional initiatives both online and offline
- Monitor, analyze, and improve the effectiveness of marketing initiatives using CRM programs, such as open rates, clicks to conversions, and brand preference
- Own insights on our user base using analytics software, such as Google Analytics, to inform strategic decisions of senior management
- Improve conversions of our website pages - using conversion analytics software
- Collaborate with our Content, News, and Analytics Teams to create original content that increases user engagement while developing awareness of our products
- Team up with our social media manager to coordinate campaigns
- Project manage our art fair exposure and client trade show participation
- 3+ years of direct marketing experience in a growth environment with large user and client lists
- Experience in Google Analytics, especially in a ecommerce environment
- Experience managing various types of campaigns such as newsletters, triggered emails, drip campaigns/lead nurturing, and landing page optimization
- Proficiency in web traffic and CRM insights with the ability to analyze and improve campaigns based on data
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to turn complex ideas into clear narratives
- Strong organizational skills with an acute attention to detail
- Experience with marketing automation systems such as Sailthru, web analytics tools, and CRMs such as Salesforce
- Background in art, experience with AB testing/optimization and measurement, proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign) a plus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Pre-tax health and transit saving options
- Flexible vacation and paid time-off