As a junior visual designer, you will create new ways of discovering art in the digital space while honing your own design skill set and growing within our highly experienced Product Team.
We are looking for a dedicated, talented, and passionate person to work on a variety of design challenges across our Product and Marketing Teams. You will have the opportunity to inspire others, implement customer-centered designs, and grow the value of our products by expanding how our users discover and engage with us.
You will be reporting directly to the design and marketing leads in our New York office, located in the historic Woolworth Building, working together to build and implement innovative technologies that will shape the way people experience visual culture today.
- Design an array of company marketing materials across the print and digital spectrum, including webpages, reports, infographics, and advertising units
- Generate mockups and prototypes for our current and future digital output
- Create visual designs with strong typography, iconography, and layout
- Construct clean and organized creative deliverables that adhere to our ever-growing style guide
- Collaborate with interaction designers and others to create compelling and successful products
- BA/BS in design, marketing, communication, or other related discipline
- Inspiring portfolio that demonstrates a passion for design, a strong eye for detail, and evidence of responsive design
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch and the Adobe Create Suite
- Organized and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Capable of working both autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines to ensure the visual design is communicating the desired message
- An understanding of interactivity and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with prototyping software (Principle/InVision)
- An active interest in the art world is a plus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Pre-tax health and transit saving options
- Flexible vacation and paid time-off
artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.