As an auction house service specialist, you will be an integral part of the artnet Price Database, the most comprehensive archive of international auction results ever recorded.
artnet is seeking a full-time specialist to manage and maintain partnerships with important auction house clients. In this role, you will build key client relationships to drive the accuracy, timeliness, and growth of one of our core products. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of art and the current artnet suite with the ability to engage clients in moving their businesses forward. Collaborations, particularly with Sales and Marketing Teams, will play a major role.
You will be working from our headquarters located in the historic Woolworth Building, collaborating with your team to challenge and motivate each other as artnet leads the way in the growing art industry.
- Copy edit and translate auction information for inclusion in the Price Database
- Update and maintain calendar of auctions, workflow, and production
- Build and maintain member sites for participating auction houses
- Form relationships with clients to keep them engaged and proactive with the product
- Collaborate with the Sales Team in finalizing purchases, booking contracts, and enabling products
- Identify client sales opportunities in order to promote the use of artnet products
- Track all significant client contact on a daily basis
- Edit the artist database by adding or updating artist biographies
- Improve our product and services by contributing ideas regularly
- Bachelor's degree or higher in art history, fine arts, or arts administration
- Proficient knowledge of the PC platform, Microsoft Office, and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and self-motivate with strong attention to detail
- Adaptable to new tasks and able to take on new responsibilities as needed
- Professional phone and email etiquette
- Writing, editing, and proof-reading abilities
- Ability to extract valuable information from large volumes of data
- Organized and team-focused
- Excellent command of the English language
- Fluency in German, French, Italian, or Chinese (German preferred)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Pre-tax health and transit saving options
- Flexible vacation and paid time-off
artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.