artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.
We are looking for a dedicated, talented, and collaborative person to lead the visual design arm of our Product and Engineering Team. You will have the opportunity to inspire others, implement customer-centered design, and grow the value of our products by expanding how our users discover and engage with us. The ideal candidate comes with a wealth of experience in this field, and can work confidently and collectively with our Strategy, UX, and Engineering Teams to help tailor beautifully designed product experiences, across our various platforms and devices. As our Product Design Team is lean, you will be very hands-on, actively crafting the way users view and experience our platform and future applications.
You will be reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer in our New York office located in the historic Woolworth Building, working together to build and implement innovative technologies that will shape the way people experience visual culture today.
- Create and maintain a scalable unified design system on all platforms—mobile, desktop, and web, with a deep focus on data and optimization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, UX, and Business managers and teams across the company
- Partner with user experience and front-end to create beautiful user interfaces
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts to illustrate and test thinking
- Communicate results and illustrate recommendations in compelling and creative ways
- Maintain an understanding of digital trends and capabilities, and actively participate in establishing a strong design culture within the company
- Hire and grow the craft of talented designers across our Product Team
- 5+ years of product interface, product design, or related field
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey design concepts internally to team members and business units
- Ability to mentor junior designers to deliver, while taking care of your design responsibilities
- Understand design processes and encourage collaboration between other designers and product teams
- Experience producing smart, quick prototypes to validate your ideas
- Fluency in Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as prototyping apps such as Invision, Zeplin, Keynote, or other
- Experience in coding and video editing/motion (Adobe Premiere, After Effects Final Cut) a plus
- Knowledge of and/or strong interest in the art world a plus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Pre-tax health and transit saving options
- 20 vacation days and paid time-off