artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.
We are looking for a dedicated, talented, and collaborative person to lead the Technical Quality Assurance of our Product and Engineering Team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to expand and improve our quality-assurance standards and process aiming for zero defect tolerance policy. The ideal candidate comes with deep experience in this field, and can work confidently and collectively with our Product, Infrastructure, and Engineering Teams to continually improve quality control across our products.
You will be reporting directly to the senior architect and team lead of our New York office located in the historic Woolworth Building, working together to build and implement innovative technologies that will shape the way people experience visual culture today.
- Quality control of SDLC/Ops process including identifying any process that allow system defects to occur and evangelize continuous process improvement reduce defect rates and establish a culture of quality control
- Collaborate with Business, Product, and Development Teams to ensure high-quality specifications, including analysis of business requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications, UX specifications, UI specifications, non-functional specifications, and coding standards
- Assist with rapid-defect resolution (zero defect tolerance policy) through defect investigation, identification, classification, and final verification of both defect resolution and implementation of preventative process improvement
- Minimize quality feedback cycle time during the development process through automation of quality gates on work product
- Graybox testing: quality control of system components and system integrations by writing code to measure and break components and their integrations
- Ensure quality from many perspectives, including, but not limited to system functional behavior, security, component and system performance (both stress and load), scalability, and reliability
- Identification of areas in products and systems that require deeper testing
- Ensuring appropriate allocation of testing efforts (e.g., testing pyramid)
- Manage outsourced manual testing and the internal QA Team
- Exploratory testing
- 5+ years of Automation/SDET Graybox testing (not just UI testing)
- Experience using automated testing tools such as: Selenium, Protractor, Cucumber, Gherkin, JMeter, Visual Studio testing tools, etc. a plus
- Experience working in BDD (Behavior Driven Development) & Agile environment a plus
- Experience using SDLC tools including ticket management (Jira), build systems (VSTS/TeamCity/Jenkins) and distributed source control (Git) a plus
- Ability to manage a large testing portfolio including both automated and manual tests across multiple environments a plus
- Knowledge of SOA (Service orientated architecture) and web application development (API and UI) a plus
- Mobile and email testing a plus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Pre-tax health and transit saving options
- Flexible vacation and paid time-off
If you have the right combination of skills and experience and want to be a part of a dynamic, innovative company, please apply with your cover letter and resume. Join us, and let’s work together to shape the way people experience visual culture today.