artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.
We are looking for a talented hands-on business analyst to join our Product Design and Engineering Team. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients in a fast-paced, agile environment where collaboration is key to success. The ideal candidate comes with experience in web-based software development specification gathering and writing. As the business analyst, you will be hands-on, highly organized, and have excellent communication skills, with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
You will be reporting directly to the VP of Product in our New York office located in the historic Woolworth Building, working together as artnet leads the way in the growing art industry.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, Quality Assurance, UX, and UI Design Teams, along with product owners and end users in order to plan, build, and launch world-class products
- Business Architecture
- Produce and clarify business specifications using workflow diagrams and written requirements, including use cases and non-functional specifications
- Develop functional and business requirements
- Identify, communicate, and manage risks associated with functionality
- Specify and document requirements in a format that can be shared with stakeholders
- Analyze requirements to ensure they are complete and unambiguous
- Verify UX and UI specifications to meet business requirements with end users and product owners
- Review and prioritize business requests
- Communicate priorities based on strategic alignment, business opportunities, and ROI evaluations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field, MS, MBA, or PhD preferred
- 3–5 years of business analysis or related experience
- Experience launching successful products and features, preferably on multiple platforms with an emphasis on responsive web applications
- Extensive experience collaborating with technical and engineering stakeholders
- Significant experience with user testing
- Passionate about creating notable pages, products, and app experiences
- Solid technical writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail in language, usability, and design
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Pre-tax health and transit saving options
- 20 vacation days and paid time-off
If you have the right combination of skills and experience, let’s work together to build and implement innovative technologies that will shape the way people experience visual culture today.