artnet is the leading international platform to buy, sell, and research art online. We connect millions of collectors globally with the world’s leading galleries and auction houses, with a focus on making the art market more transparent while supporting our partners in growing their business online.
We are looking for a talented Technical Operations Manager to join our Engineering Team. We build consumer and enterprise web and mobile applications for global clients in a fast-paced, agile environment where collaboration is key to success.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of Technology in our New York office located in the historic Woolworth Building, working together as artnet leads the way in the growing art industry.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the IT and DevOps team
- Managing both IAAS and data center environment
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security, uptime, customer access, or usability problems
- Ensure service delivery is aligned with the key principles of service ownership which include: meeting the needs of the business, cost effectiveness, scalability, compliance, reliability, and resilience
- Responds to major outages of servers, software, and environmental issues after-hours as needed
- Interface with vendor support structures; work with vendors to deliver agreed upon services; provide logistical support and supervision to vendors as required.
- Support large-scale enterprise-wide projects that incorporate a proactive and innovative tech solutions to addressing business challenges and achieving organizational goals and objectives. Integrates how the big picture of the initiatives comes together from definition through implementation.
- Create system documentation and assist in documenting changes to new and existing system processes and procedures.
- Support production releases
- Maintain documentation for development and production systems, servers, network
- Monitor and administer the infrastructure to ensure a 99% reliability rate for production environment and all IT services worldwide
- Experience managing cloud-based infrastructure, databases, malware protection software, and other processes
- Engaging interpersonal skills with the ability to think and act strategically, provide sound judgment, and display a positive and energetic attitude
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and application solving experience from the business perspective
- Must be a reliable team player who is proactive, analytical, creative and resourceful.
- Must be able to research, learn and utilize new technologies. Must be able to work independently and with minimum supervision to perform job duties.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts in simple terms for non-technical users and managers.
- Must have experience with declarative infrastructure
- Must be available on an on-call basis
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Pre-tax health and transit saving options
- Flexible vacation and paid time-off
If you have the right combination of skills and experience and want to be a part of a dynamic, innovative company, please apply with your cover letter and resume. Join us, and let’s work together to shape the way people experience visual culture today